Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Crammin' in some adventures!

Aloha Friends!

Finally doing a blog post! 
This week and last week were pretty busy with finishing off stuff for uni coz this was the last week of classes! 
Omg it makes it feels like everything is coming to an end. 
I'm sad, but super excited to come home!

I just hope I don't find it too cold in Wellington after being used to the tropical weather of Hawaii.
Looking forward to hot chocolates though.

So here are just some of the things I've done in the last few weeks!

Been chilling at the beach, surfing, stumbling upon more awesome hotel pools:


Georgia's mum and her friend came over and we had a few adventures with them.
Starting with yummy cocktails:




The bathrooms at The Modern hotel are insane, the pictures can't show you how it feels to use them.


There was just a long row of cool sinks and classical music was playing, and the lighting was kind of dim, but not too dim. Setting the mood.

The doors to the toilets were cool too:



We rented out a car, and it some how got swapped for a cool black Camaro convertible. We named him Calvin:



Driving around in Calvin:



So smooth, so chic.

Damn

Had some lunch at Bogart's cafe. I got a very delicious, very filling açai bowl:



Ready to take on the day.
We drove up the east coast, of which I've posted photos before so you may have seen similar pictures to the ones coming up.

This is Makapu'u Beach:



And we did the Lanikai Pillbox hike again:


Mokolua Islands
Me

Me and Georgia

Lanikai Juice, yummmm!

Cacao, coconut, almond thickshake :P

Georgia and I posing with Calvin


We saw a beached as turtle:


And a wonderful Hawaiian woman who was bringing life and joy into people's evenings:

She had so much rhythm. 

Got some macadamia honey, the bottle is shaped like a tiki!


Some pretty hibiscus flowers I saw on a walk


In French, our teacher showed her love for us by bringing us amazing french yummies!



I got a cheesecake and all of those chocolate pyramids because they were "too chocolatey" for everyone else.
What the hell. 
That's impossible.

On Earth Day, there was a little market thing on campus so I went and checked out a few stalls. It was crazy hot that day.


Vegetarian Society - perfect! lol

I bought this cool necklace:



And it has silver and nephrite so it's gonna solve all my life's problems:


I also bought a cool tie-dye tshirt which you can see behind the card ^^


Saw some Snickers ice cream bars

Got my first Domino's Pizza in Hawaii:


Omg it is so. good here.
Like, really good.
The cheese is so gooey and cheesy, and the base is so soft and doughy on the inside, with a good amount of crunch on the outside and it was so hot. So fresh. So good.


Our french teacher clearly likes to treat us, she gave us heaps of candy in the next class, and I tried some Butterfingers:

Yum.

Here are a couple of snaps from around campus:



I just like all the trees.


Update on the tan situation:


I think it's going pretty well.


At the UH bookstore, you can buy super cute clothes for little ones:


It's a cupcake! Cute!

And you could also buy a mini UH cheerleading outfit. Precious :')


Georgia and I went to a bakery called Leonard's:



And got malasadas:


They're like, big doughnut balls filled with custard, or chocolate, or whatever. And they're served super fresh and hot. For like, $1.50!
They are delicious.

Then we went to Banàn for some healthiness to counter our malasadas. 
Some pretty flowers:

Georgia's on the left, mine on the right

After that, we hopped on a boat and went parasailing!





It was so much fun, you could see all of Waikiki and we got dumped in the water at the end.
Then we hadn't had enough water sports for the day, so we headed off to rent surfboards.
But first, we met a parrot called Rainbow:





BFFs, Rainbow and I.

Surfboards at the shop:


Surfing selfie!


We'd worked up an appetite by then, so we headed to Teddy's Bigger Burgers for some burger lovin'.

I got the Volcano Burger:



And tater tots!



So juicy:


Oooohh it was so good!
But it was jam packed full of jalapeños and hot sauce so my mouth was burning afterwards!

Moved outdoors to watch the Friday night fireworks:







A nice view from my run:



And then we decided to go skydiving!


The pictures from that are all at the end, so you'll see them in a bit!
It was crazy! And amazing!

Refueled at my fave, Da Spot, but we couldn't figure out what this sign meant exactly:


Does it mean that you're not allowed alcohol, but you're allowed beer?
Or beer is included?
Because they wouldn't need to write beer again, because beer is alcohol.
So...?
I don't know.
I don't even like beer, so I don't care.
But it bothered me a just little bit.


One day we ventured up the west side of the island, and went to a couple of beaches there.
They were waaay less busy, we were pretty much the only ones there on one of them! 
Us at one of the beaches:



Then we went to Electric Beach which is where I'd done one of my scuba dives.
We went snorkelling and saw SO many fish, like, huge walls of them.
So cool.
And we saw a turtle and followed him around for a while!


When we got back, we cooled off with some mochi ice cream:


Mine were peanut butter chocolate, cookie dough and piña colada.

Then we got Domino's for dinner!
Yum!!



We didn't wanna end out night there, so we hopped on a bus to Ala Moana where they were having a MAC event:


(this is a pic from later on - after they'd finished)

They did your make up, so Georgia and I both got "natural" looks done, so we looked beautiful, yet subtle while we cruised the shops.

Got a few things from Sephora:



One thing I got was the Sephora "Moonshadow" baked palette, "In the nude":


I've used it a couple of times now, the colours look so nice! Love it.

It was Coco's birthday last weekend so we had a party for him at Vincent's apartment, with a BBQ, and swimming and spa-ing and dancing and cake!


He got given a cake that said "I'm in love with the coco!"
And we sung the song too.
So cute.

Finished off the last of my cold pizza:



And nooooow, for the skydiving photos!

Here they are:






That's Adam with me - my tandem jumper guy



Getting ready to take off



Trying to hide the fact that I was super nervous








We did a some flips:











Ahaha my hair! And my cheeks!










The view of the mountains and the sea was awesome



The landing strip

Me and Adam coming in to land

So stoked to be back on the ground







Yaaaaay!!
It was insane. So much fun!!

Then I just had uni, and finishing off all the end of semester stuff.
Then cheesecake!
Tonight Yuki (my roommate), Taka (awesome cook) and I went to the Cheesecake Factory:


My one was Dutch Caramel Apple Streusel
And Taka's is behind, Macadamia Caramel White Chocolate (my recommendation - he loved it!)

Cruised some markets and some shops in Waikiki.



Marc Jacobs had some really cool stuff, mais trop cher!

And I sprayed way too many tester perfumes on me - it's making me dizzy.
But at least I smell like high fashion.

Anyway, that's it for this post!
I'm going to the Big Island next week, so I probably won't do another post until I'm back in New Zealand!
Wow that's crazy.

Hopefully I'll have some cool stuff to update you with,

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment