Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

Fourth (& final!) Day in SF

Ding ding dingaling ling!
Helloooooo!
I can hear the dingaling of the cable car bells outside the hotel.

We probably won't get to go on a cable car while we're here though, the lines are honestly a mile wrong.
I'm in bed in the hotel at the moment, the rest of the fam's gone out to NikeTown (Dad and Jack also paid a visit to China Town).
However, this did not really interest me so I've stayed behind to eat Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate (by Ghiradelli - a yummy San Franciscan chocolatier) and watch Ellen.


Mmmmm. Look at that face.

And this is the view from where I'm lying:


Haha sorry, I can't be bothered to get up and get a proper picture.

This morning I went down to the fitness room for a quick sesh and watched Keeping up with the Kardashians while workin' ma bod. Then this guy came in to the fitness room at the worst time, just as Kourtney was getting the home-birthing experience and it was a bit awkward. He asked if he could change the channel.
We went down to our usual for breakfast (minus Jack - he was suuuper tired). I think we're  getting used to the whole "tipping-the-people-that-serve-us" thing.

Today we just went shopping! Except we didn't buy anything so does that mean it's not technically "shopping"?
It was just Mum, Kate and me that went out and the boys stayed back, chilled a bit and went to the hotel's pool.

Omg we went to the most amazing stores. 
First off was Sak's Fifth Avenue where we "shopped" for about 5 minutes. Just long enough to check out the price tags of the Chanel and Prada boots, the Manolo Blahniks and the gorgeous red-bottomed Louboutins.



Someone wanna buy these for me?? I'd love you forever. Thanks :)

Next was Tiffany's.
Which was also wildly expensive.
One necklace I liked had a price tag of $17,000. (plus tax?!)
So we just looked.
But that's all Audrey Hepburn ever did as Holly Golightly, so that's ok!

Omg look, it's Holly:



At Macy's, Mum finally got to use her fave thing about America: 


The pay phones.


Macy's on Union Square:


We pretty much spent the rest of our outing at Westfield, which also had very expensive items. 

It was very grand:


Might have to give Queensgate some tips on how to get on its level.

Popped into Gap on the way back and bought Jack an AC/DC t-shirt. So I lied! We did buy something. Success.

Jack and Kate got hot dogs from a stand for lunch.
Mama and Papa went down and got a slice of pizza each.
I got a Jamba Juice:



Just a side note: It's real weird, on TV, every second ad is about how you can get millions in compensation for being given faulty medicine, cars, being exposed to asbestos etc. Must be because you can sue here and people figure you can get big bucks out of it.

Jack's currently treating us to an evening of singing performances.
His hits include:
"Heroes" - Nickelback
"Life Could be a Dream" - The Chords


He'll be touring this summer. Contact me for details.

Dinner was at a cool classic american diner called Lori's Diner (thanks Chris for the recommendation!).



Mum got spaghetti & meatballs, Dad and Jack got hotdogs, Kate got a burger and I got chilli. It was yummyyy.

Dessert:

Jack got chocolate cake:


Mum, Kate and I shared a banana split:
(I think Mum was the most excited about it)






We then walked around the block as we had to farewell our beloved San Francisco which we have come to know and love. 

I could totally spend a whole holiday just in San Francisco. I am SO coming back here when I'm 21 to hit up all the cool bars and clubs. They've got such a cool vibe.
I'd also love to go to the Castro District next time.

So it's not goodbye to San Francisco.

Getting up early tomorrow to pick up the car and hit the road for our next destination!

Ciao for now!

Madeleine
xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment