Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

So Much Fun

Hiiiiii!

Time for my update of super cool stuff to make people jealous.
This one is chockas!

Ok, so in the weekend, a group of us went up Koko Head:




It was craaaaazy. 
Like, they weren't even stairs, you climb up an old tram track.
And that end half of it is straight up so you have to pretty much climb it like a ladder!
Good workout though...
Unfortunately, it was the only day it was raining, so we had no view at all from the top :(
Which means we'll have to do it again when the weather's good, yay!...

On the way back, Georgia, Richard and I stopped off at the Health Bar Diamond Head Cove for Açai bowls! Soooooooo gooooood:


I also got a coffee coz the açai bowl was really cold. It was a pretty yummy coffee actually!
I've been a bit scared to try coffee a lot here.

After recovering from that, a group of us went out on a pub crawl in Waikiki which was so much fun!
Played a bit of blackjack.



Went to a few night clubs which were pretty raging, then hit up Macca's!
They have 2 cookies for $1.



And Taro Pies for $1!!


They're my new fave thing.
Even better than the classic apple pie, in my opinion.

The next day (Sunday), Georgia and I went shopping at Ala Moana which was great.

Worked up the courage to go into Tiffany's and check out their bling:



Bought this one for myself as a lil treat:


Kidding.
I wouldn't be able to afford to live anymore if I did.
But a girl can dream.

Went to Sephora, Macy's, Levi's, Victoria's Secret (spent soooo long in there!) and heeaaps of other shops.
Macadamias everywhere:



Got Jamba Juice for lunch. Mine was a peanut butter and chocolate shake and it was heaven:



After that, we met up with some others at Waikiki to chill for a bit.
Beach pic of shopping bags:


The last rays shining through the clouds:



Popped into a market on the way home and scored myself a cool ukelele for $12:


Already the bomb at playing it, obvi.

Had a little jam sesh with Yuki, learnt some of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".


At swimming on Monday morning, there was free gatorade!
Don't know if it was actually for us, but it was there, so we had it. 



It was an exciting part of my day so I feel it needed to be included.

Even more exciting was my mean curry that I cooked up:


Everyone was super jealous of me and my curry.


Tuesday I just had uni and stuff.
Wednesday was weight training, swimming and studying.
(this is why I don't update my blog every day, because it would be very boring)

Thursday I had uni then Georgia and I went to a Rainbow Wahine Basketball game:




It was so cool, they are really into their college sport here, it's crazy!
Full on brass band and cheerleaders.
Even had a blimp:


Me and Georgia:



Haha pictures are a little blurry, but you can still make out our beautiful faces ok.
And we won the game! Very exciting.


On Friday, Georgia and I caught the bus to Hanauma Bay for snorkelling!

There were so many chickens roaming round.




Hanauma Bay is so beautiful, looks like a postcard!






Me and the bae:



Me and Georgia at Hanauma Bay:







Sooooo nice:



My snorkelling gears and floaty doughnut:




Some guys playing volleyball:




Living the dream in our doughnuts:



Lookin fab:



Ok, prepare to be bombarded with pictures!
(all the underwater pictures are courtesy of Georgia ©™)




You can get right up close to the fish and they don't swim away!









 Looking just a tad special:







Being graceful:













Shaka brah:
















It was the best experience.
Can't even describe it.
But hopefully the pictures show it well enough! 
Also had an amazing cookie ice cream sandwich, but I can't find the photos of that :(


Then today (Saturday), we caught the bus super early from Ala Moana, before the sun rose:



We were headed for the North Shore's Banzai Pipeline to watch the 2015 PipePro Competition!
Sun rising during the bus ride:





Got a good spot on the beach, ready to see some gnarly waves!



Some of our crew watching the waves:



The swell picked up super quickly and it just kept getting bigger through out the day!
Some surfers starting on a wave:











Outside the Volcom house:



There was a cool guy guiding people to throw out their rubbish:




It was an awesome day, just watching wave after wave crashing down.
They were so huge!

A few people broke their boards and one Italian surfer got taken away in an ambulance.

And just as we were getting ready to leave, Kelly Slater showed up:


He gave us the shaka as he ran past.
Cool dude, my mate Kelly.

My day felt fully complete after that :)

Anyway, that's more than I can be bothered to write for now, so I'll leave it at that!

Hope you got through all those pictures ok.
My adventures can be pretty hard core lol.

See ya!

Madeleine

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment