Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Final Day in the States

Hellooooo!

I'm only writing this now, a couple of days back into New Zealand life. I was soooo tired when we got back, I was just like, naaaah can't be bothered.
But I defs had to finish off our adventures.

So here's how the last day went...

I got up bright n' early (I reeeaally didn't feel like it) and went down to the gym. It was so good because each treadmill had its own TV so the time flew by!
I was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Although, I think the big body builder guys behind me were laughing at me for watching it.

Then I showered and stuff and went over to the hotel's restaurant for breakfast.
Oh, look who joined me:



No one.
I breakfasted by myself and had a whole booth.
It was actually quite cool, I got to know myself a bit better.
And I'm awesome.

I had a yummy bowl of oatmeal, with brown sugar, raisins and almonds:



The big guys from the gym were sitting in the booth opposite me (they turned out to be Aussies) and the waitress was hilarious. She kept visiting their table, honestly like at least every two minutes to ask them what they were doing with their day, night, lives etc.
Then she tried recommending all these clubs to them and she was annoying them heaps. It was pretty funny.

We all caught the 10am shuttle to Universal Studios.
Here's the big globe out the front:


And me standing on the red carpet:


Total movie star.

When we found out that the Jurassic Park ride wasn't open (devastating for everyone, especially Jack), we went to Springfield to visit the Simpsons.
Dad, Jack, Kate and I went on the ride at Krustyland.



It was kinda cool, but it made Dad and I a bit queasy. 
And they squirted you with water!

We refreshed ourselves at the Kwik-E-Mart:


The guy actually said to Kate "Thank you, come again."
Classic Kwik-E-Mart gag.

We drank lots and stayed in the shade a lot after that, it was reeeally hot. Like, 35 degrees.

We went on the Universal Studios tour next.
That was so cool.
They drive you through all the different sets and stages where films and TV shows are made.
Like, where all the Back to the Futures were shot and Desperate Housewives (we drove past all their houses).
We drove through a big lake bit (where they filmed Jaws) and a massive Jaws comes out of the water at you.
We saw some cars from different movies:



And drove through Whoville:



This is where War of the Worlds was filmed:





And they created rain, and flash floods.
In one part, we drove through a tunnel where there's and "earthquake" and this huge flood comes rushing at you, there are fires everywhere and a whole train comes flying at you!
But then it stops, don't worry.

Peter Jackson came on the screen as we entered Skull Island and the bus drives into this massive 360 screen room. You're surrounded by forest, dinosaurs and King Kong.
And the whole bus is like, lifted up and thrown side to side when the dinosaur and King Kong are fighting.
It was so real.
They even squirt you with water in there too.

After that, everyone was so hot I think we all just needed to sit down and die.
So we just had a quick breather and some refreshments in the shade before going theme-park-shopping one last time.

Then we caught the shuttle back to the hotel and drove straight to the airport.
Well, kind of.
We stopped off at Walmart to pick up some lollies and chocolates to take back home.

Once at the airport, we tried to check our bags in but we had to redistribute the weight across the bags because one was too heavy. No, it wasn't mine, it was Mum's.
She was carrying all the heavy stuff.

Final family selfie in America at LAX:


The flight was pretty good, I got through two movies (The Bridges of Madison County with my girl Meryl and Rebel Without a Cause) and played some PacMan.

Mum, Jack and I all had annoying people in front of us who shoved their seats back right when we had our trays down and food on them.

Dad and Kate had lovely, considerate people in front of them.
It was me and Jack.

Then we were back on NZ soil in Auckland and had one more flight to go!
But dramas at the airport because somebody had taken Kate's bag instead of their own.
So we got that sorted out and by then it was pretty much time for our Wellington-bound flight!

Once back in the beautiful Wellington, we said hello to Bear and gave him lots of cuddles.
And unpacked!
Got all mine done in the one day!

Phew, still exhausted, but had such a great time!
I think we all got annoyed with each other a lot, but overall we're all good.
We're totally a cultured and cosmopolitan family now.

Looking forward to getting back into uni routine (kind of..) and rugging up for the storms ahead!


Will probably continue blogging about the rest of my super fantastic life, I really like it! But it definitely won't be as regular. Could NOT be bothered to do that.
Plus, my daily life is not as exciting as a holiday in America.

So, ciao (for now) and thanks for coming along with me on our USA trip!

Madeleine 
xoxoxoxox :D


No comments:

Post a Comment