Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015

I really should have a tan by now


Heeeey!
What a long time without blogging.
I thought I wouldn't do a post because it didn't feel like I'd done much this week, but going through the photos, I realised I actually did heaps.

I guess that's what happens when you're on island time.
But erryday's been a party!

The day after Pipepro's (Sunday), we went on a hike to the Makapu'u Tidepools.



It was booooiling, but the view on the way up was super cool:







You can see Moloka'i (one of the other islands) in the distance: 



Those are the tide pools we'd later climb down to:





Tidepools:



There was a blow hole too. This is two of the Frenchies with it:



Me lookin' super fly with the sky:



After the hike, our tummies were a rumblin', so Georgia and I headed down to our fave food joint, Da Spot for some mea'ai (food).



Then we still hadn't had enough so we did some post-Superbowl baking and board game playing:



Also made red velvet cake with cream cheese icing which was the bomb.

But something devastating happened the next day.
After breakfast, I took the final scoops out of my jar of peanut butter.


Never fear though, I had a back up!
Could never be without my peanut butter <3

So just had classes and did the groceries and stuff.
On Tuesday night, Yohan, Georgia and I went to Diamond Head Cove Health Bar for my second round of their amazing açai bowls:



Enjoyed it with some good chats and good tunes by a local duo:


There was this super cute little girl dancing to them hard out. She had her whole açai spilled down her dress. Naaaaw.

Wednesday after class, Georgia and I went to soak up some sun down on Waikiki. 
Whittaker's on Waikiki:



Hit up The Modern hotel to chill by the pool with some food and beverages.
Many pictures of us pool babes:





Me and my Mai-Tai:



Pretty sure there were famous people in the pool, but not entirely sure. So I'm gonna say they were famous.




Georgia found a cool flower for her hair:


We were also really happy because we'd visited 3 different Honolulu Cookie Companies that day and helped ourselves to samples at all of them :D

A party bike thing rode past with pumping music:


I met up with Adam (security guard from Queensgate) and his gf and he gave me some New Zealand stuff!
We had dinner at a restaurant in Waikiki (can't remember the name) and I got tomato quesadillas (that's why they're red):



Thursday was just classes, then Friday morning I went for my first run in Hawaii! It was quite hot but really nice! I was quite sore the next couple of days.

Then Georgia, her flatmate Bri and I went to Taco Bell for some afternoon tea!
I got a burrito and some cinnamon twists mmmmmmm.




Also fuelled up on some Coconut water coffee because I like to get a kick while maintaining fully hydrated.



Chilled out on a beach up near the North Shore and watched the sunset:







It was Bri's friend's birthday so there was a bonfire and some music and food.




And a scorpion!


I never knew they glow under UV light?

But after that died down, everyone headed off to tents, but we roughed it on the beach coz we are some tough mamas.

It was so nice falling asleep to the sound of the waves and with the stars above us.
Woke up to some roosters and a refreshing sea breeze.


So on Sunday, after we recovered from that, Georgia and I went kayaking with a group from uni to Flat Island.
It literally was the flattest island I've ever seen. Makes sense.


These pictures aren't in order, I'm sorry.
But you'll get the gist.


Panorama from Flat Island:



Clear waters:



Georgia exploring:



That's me getting a tan:


Lol I wish.
This is actually me (and Georgia):





Me laughing at Georgia when she fell over:



But then she did a bridge:



In the kayak, with me doing all the work as usual:




Kayak shaka:



Sitting in the waves, getting a sandy butt:






I was admiring the waters:





Then I was admiring a little cove bit:



Looking non-awkward as usual:



Georgia surveying the seas:



Cool little beach:



A couple of military helicopter flew over us:



This was the beach we started from, soooooo nice!



The rest of the day was spent at another beach - Magic Island! And then at a party for one of the Aussie's birthdays (Josh).

Monday and today were classes!! 
Managed to score this bunch of basil beauty from the market:



Added it to my pasta to cover up it's not-so-prettiness:



One of the yummiest pastas I've made though, very happy with it.
May have got a wee bit excited with the basil though... Woooo basil everywhere.

And now I'm almost ready for bed!
Yuki was jamming on her ukelele before, it was beaut.

Well, that was my week!
Hope yours was as fun as mine.

Update you later!

Madeleine  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment