Pages

Sunday 4 December 2016

Madeleine: Lost in Paris

Ok, so I wasn't actually lost in Paris (although you could say that I lost myself in Paris lol) but I'm paying homage to my girl Madeline, with whom my love for french stuff began.


ME
Thrilled with my bag design

But actually grateful - a previous assistant left it at the flat so it's free extra luggage pour moi!

Blogging at 300km/h - en route à Paris

Emerging from the metro

After I'd dumped my stuff at my new above-average accommo chez Chris' hotel, we headed to a restaurant to grab a spot of dinner.

Zee cheesiest onion soup ever
Also got this 'salad' with fried potato and egg - and a veggie fritter hiding in there


Obvi hadn't had enough already so I got the Café Gourmand - three little desserts an a coffee. 

Café gourmand really is the way to go. They have them at most places and are such a great deal. Chris had the coffee and I worked my way through the dessert selection :P

La Seine by night

Me freaking out about how to use a selfie stick - in front of the Notre Dame

Hi I'm Madeleine and this is my crib

My bed at the hotel - bigger than my one in the flat, so stoked

Health in a bowl for breakfast - in preparation for all the day's pastries

Is this the side of the Louvre? I can't really remember so let's just go with it

Mirroring Mona Lisa's smirk... 

Home girl in the flesh

Painting inception

Napoleon's apartment in the Louvre

The gloomy Tour

Rainbow over Paris

The Eiffel Tower was lit


Here lies the remains of Mary Magdelene - feat Madeleine

Jumping for joy in Trocadero

Had a limited selection of pics to choose from because I got too excited, jumped too high too often and my skirt was nearly up near my ears.
Gotta keep it PG for my readers.


Had dinner at Le Wilson, naturally


More flashbacks to the Madeline days:




Walked past a cute little lit-up fruit store

Went wild and stood amid rushing traffic to get a direct view of the ol' Arc

Neverending Sephora on the Champs-Élysées

Yaaas Queen

Had a stunning day for our visit to the Sacré-Coeur:



Jesus!

Lit a candle for all my poor friends suffering without me

Creep shot of our mate Victor


Performers outside the basilica - real good

Selfie-Coeur
Hazy Paris from the hill


Sacré-Steez

Bought a few of these shortbreaddy cookie things in Montmartre

Close up of its innards

Then had my 2.30pm audition at the Moulin Rouge - went well

Two great stores

Levi's however, is far too expenny in France and the Dr Martens store's selection just didn't quite please me. I think I will wait to buy my next pair of boots at one of their London stores - go back to their roots.



Choco twisty pastry thang

Munch munch

Lovely day in Paris


A very Parisian tabac stand

View from the hotel - Sacré Coeur way out in the distance

Pretty flowers

We went out to one of the vege-friendly restaurants recommended to us by the fab hotel ladies, it was called Septième Raffinement.

Chris getting amped for our organic dinner

My four cheese pesto ravioli 

Beetroot carpaccio

Chocolat fondant

Funky tap

All was thoroughly enjoyed at the restaurant - Chris even ate some of my vege stuff and loved it. Then we wandered to the metro along a scenic route with the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop. I think we really just went that way so Chris could 'de-fog' more Parisian streets - look up the app, it's pretty cool.

You could make your own waffles at the hotel...

So I did!

Autumnally golden street

Went to the Montparnasse Cemetery and saw a lot of crypts and graves:



Crows were crowing in a typical cemetery fashion.
I kissed the grave of Jean-Paul Sartre as ya do.

Climbed up the monstrous Tour Montparnasse..

To get some wonderful Parisian views:




Went to Le Marais neighnourhood and checked into Hank's burgers (vegan burger joint) for lunch:


My juicy burger and wedges with ketchup and vegannaise

But the wedges and vegannaise didn't quite satisfy Chris' carnivorous side but a quick stop at the hot dog store did the trick. 

"Best hot dog I've ever had" - Chris C.
Rainy day Seine snap


In-Seine Selfie amirite

Crêpes taste better on gloomy days

Uggggghhhhh yessss

Went into the Notre Dame and witnessed a little of the evening's mass 

There was some slightly creepy Phantom of the Opera-esque organ music playing.. kinda haunting but cool.


Cosy rain glistening alleys:



Popped into a little Irish bar along here for some drinks while the rain settled.


Free self serve drinks at the hotel exec lounge :D

Slippers I kidnapped from the hotel

Balance

I just really like these metro signs

Final giant macaron and coffee at Paul before I headed off home

Chillin' at the train station til it was time to go

So yeah, Paris was fab and I took too many photos.
Was v lucky to have such a great host/tour guide and place to stay!
And Paris is so close to me, will be back many more times, I'm sure.

Bonne journée et au revoir,

Madeleine 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment