Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Halfway!

Hey there!

So I'm like, already half way through my time here in Hawaii and it's gone suuuuper fast!
My tan isn't even half way to where I want it to be.

But I'll make sure I seize all the days and have heaps more fun.

So this is what I've seen and done the last week or so!

I found a magical rainbow while out on a run:



I visited the Waikiki Aquarium and saw many wonderful creatures, like the turtle:



An octopus:



Lots of Dory's and Marlins trying to find Nemo:



Other super cool fish:




Jellyfush:



After the aquarium, Georgia and I wondered around Waikiki and I got Jamba Juice:



The next day we went on a hike to Maunawili Falls, where you can get leptospirosis.



We trekked through mud and bush and made it to the falls where people were swimming (with the leptospirosis nasties) and jumping off the rocks:



Some lush nature:



Georgia and I weren't too keen on getting in with the flesh eating bacteria, so we just chilled on some rocks and watched people jumping and stuff.
I went super hard core and powered through the mud, getting my shoes all diiiirty:



Shoe shot!



Went and chilled out on the beach, until it turned a little chilly and so we got hot chocolates!
Even got this cool keep cup for $1:



Then we were on a mission to Tiffany & Co. where Georgia had a wee birthday gift waiting for her:


Watched Breakfast at Tiffany's that night coz we were on the Tiffany's buzz and then another movie called As Above, So Below.


The next day it was Georgia's birthday so we had a day full of fun planned!
We rode in the back of a ute (not called utes here, they're just trucks) to go on a hike:





That's the Koko Head crater that I did that one time and it was super hard:



Another view from the way up:



From the top, you get a sweet as view of the east coast:





And a sweet as view of me:



The top of the hike is awesome, there's this concrete slab with "The Dead Man's Catwalk" written on it, which is what the hike's called:




Perfect for them photo opps:





After that, we refuelled with some yuuuuumm Jamba Juice bowls and headed to the beach for Georgia's birthday cruise!



It was so fun! We all just cruised around Waikiki and partied and stuff!

Somehow I got a cool lei, made from real flowers so it made me smell great:



Hung around the beach, watched the sun set, havin a great time before the Honolulu Festival Fireworks!





It was a suuuuper fun day and night, the fireworks were the bomb.


Almost as exciting was the delivery of my "Love with Food" box. I got the free trial and then cancelled my order lol. But got heaps of free yum stuff:



Yet another peanut butter jar run dry of its delicious creamy goodness:



The beginnings of a mean as curry I made:



Another day spent on Waikiki with a Jamba Juice bowl <3  :



And our 21st visit to the Honolulu Cookie company <3



This is the beautiful sight of the free sample station:



I did my scuba diving course last week, a few sessions in the pool, then out into the ocean!
It was so much fun, swum around with fish and turtles, saw  heaps of the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a which is the state fish of Hawaii.

Stood on some glass in the car park and took a picture of it once I got it out, it doesn't look too big but it hurt a bit!



I'd been getting the flu and the dives made it worse so I didn't go on the dives the next day :( 
Got some good lunch though, from Da Spot:


Plus a really good smoothie with berries, açai, and coconut sorbet!

After I'd had some good rest days, I was back into it, celebrating St Patrick's day in Chinatown!


It's a pretty blurry photo, but it's the only one I took, it was so fun!

Went on another venture out to Hanauma Bay for a snorkeling sesh!



It was the boooomb. 
I love Hanauma Bay.

On the way home, we got off the bus coz we saw a Lanikai Juice and I really wanted a Monkey Bowl, so we all got one!


Yum!
What a good time.

Yeah, so as of today I'm done with classes for the next 10 days!
Spring Break, woop woop!
This'll be my last post until after my trip to Maui, which is gonna be awesome!
I'll hopefully have a super good blog post after that :D

Catch ya later!

Madeleine

\m/

(if you squint, that looks like the shaka sign)

No comments:

Post a Comment