Pages

Thursday 8 January 2015

A Couple of Days of Hawaiian Fun in the Sun

Yo!

Yesterday was kinda uneventful so I didn't do a post yesterday, so today's is like a 2-in-1 combo.

Soooo yesterday I had another sleep in because I do what I want, I am a free spirit. And I was just very tired and my bed is so comfy.
Went down the road to a cafe and I got an açai breakfast bowl which was basically like, this yum sorbet stuff topped with granola and banana. That was good.


I passed a fire station on the way and made the effort to take a picture so I feel I need to put it in my blog. BUT their fire engines are yellow, crazy right?! So are their fire hydrants. And that second flag flying is the Hawaiian flag. A lil bit of trivia for ya. Wow, this is actually a really informative picture. 


And I passed the pizza place/ Wings n Things/ Serg's Mexican Kitchen. The mexican place is on the right, that's where I ended up having dinner later on, so stay tuned for those adventures.


Walking down to campus, I saw heaps of Birds of Paradise plants:


A bike in the uni's gardens to pump water to the plants:


Yeah, so I got to campus for orientation, which was just heaps of info about heaps of stuff and tours and that.
It went on for quite awhile and we were all really hungry.
But at the end we got SO MUCH PIZZA! It was a miracle. And we were happy after that.

I thought the mountains looked cool on my way home:


Later, Jay and his cousin Corey and I drove to the mall coz Jay needed to find some shoes and I just hung out in Macy's and looked at all the cool clothes and all the make up! They had everything, MAC, Chanel, Dior, Benefit, Urban Decay and other stuff.

There was a wall of socks that all looked really cozy but it's kinda too hot for socks. I just thought mum might appreciate this picture of socks:


As you can see, I was desperate for cool photos yesterday.

I went into a shop called The Sand People and everything was Hawaiian and sea themed, it was real cool. There were cookie cutters where everything has a shark bite out of it.
You could have like, red icing dripping off them and stuff.


Then we went to a chinese restaurant aaaaaand came home!
So that was yesterday.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Todaaaaay I went down to a cafe down the road and got a Hawaiian coffee where the beans were grown here in Hawaii. It was really yummy! And I got a delicious Mexican Chocolate scone as well.
(By the way, I hope you appreciate that separation thing I did, I think it's very effective.)

Then I went down to uni for the visa clearance session and to check if I have TB. I don't.

Which means I can sign up for courses! Yaaaaay.

So I came back and started signing up for courses but I also got to hang out with Kate:


We had a fabulous time!

I was gonna go to sleep but instead went for a walk with Yohan and an Australian exchange student, Sam to Manoa Falls. It was super rainforesty and lush and tropical and naturey.
We swam in the little watery bit at the bottom of the waterfall.
I got a selfie with the waterfall:









The pool was bigger than it looks.

Walked through some bamboo:



The trees looked pretty cool on the way back:




There were heaps of coconut trees too.




This picture looks quite wintery, even though it was real warm:


After that we were quite hungry so we had a Mexican Fiesta at Serg's Mexican Kitchen!


Had a deeeelish burrito:



There was self-serve salsa and guacamole and chipotle which really boosted the experience for me.

Yeeeeeeah. Came home and Skyped the fam and Caroline and Tem so I feel like my day is quite complete.

V tired though.

So adios for now!

Buenas noches xxx
Madeleine



No comments:

Post a Comment