Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

First Week of Education

Aaaaaloha!

Had a pretty busy couple of days so haven't done a blog post, but it means I've got a lot to write about!

So I got up (early) Tuesday morning and had some nutritious brekkie of granola and yoghurt and bananas:


The bananas here are kinda weird, they taste the same, but they're very yellow. So I kinda just have to look away when I eat them so it doesn't feel strange.

Then walked right across the road to uni, so handy!
I took a sneaky pic of my leg when I was walking because I thought I looked a little tanned:


Yes? Yes.

I had my first proper classes that day, but they were just intros to stuff. All the teachers are  crazy but they're pretty cool to listen to. Especially the Hawaiian studies teacher. We have to call her humu coz that's Teacher in Hawaiian.

All the classrooms are real cold coz they air-condition them to the max.

In my break I went outside and ate my sandwich in the warmth (another selfie for the fans):


Came back to my room after classes and just chilled for a bit before I had dinner. I ate in the common room and met a few new people who were really cool and they're keen to go hiking and stuff!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The next day I was straight off to swimming then weight training. We actually had to lift weights this time. Freaked out a little bit when I got to weight training because it was full of massive guys who probably didn't need to be coming to weight training class. But then other less-muscley people came and we joined forces to form the puny group.

After that I went standup paddle boarding with a group of people from uni at Wai'alae Beach. 


It was really fun and it was pretty easy too, so I'd be keen to go on more extreme paddle boarding adventures next time.


Trying to take a selfie while paddle boarding:




We paddled over to another beach that lead onto a hotel's resort place. They had a pond with fish and another bigger pond with sea turtles and dolphins. That was kinda cruel though because they should be in the ocean. Just saying.


Paddle boarded back:




Some tropical palm trees:



When I got back, I went down to a bar where other exchange students were hanging out. They had massive onion rings, I ate the biggest one, so it's not in the pic, but they were huge:


Met heaps of cool people, it was a good night.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


This morning's breakfast was one of the most beautiful sights so far, my fave combo <3  :


Yeah, so that was my breakfast. An amazing way to start the day, I say.

Walking from class to class:


My classes were cool again, more learning this time. They have pop quizzes that will just randomly get sprung up on you when you're not expecting it. And they contribute quite a bit to your grade so you gotta be onto it!
Hawaiian studies was pretty cool, we learnt about the history of the Hawaiians' migration and stuff, and it included a bit about New Zealand.

After classes I went to a spin class at the uni gym (it's free!) and that was pretty tough. Was a bit hard to walk up the stairs after that.

Just chucked heaps of random stuff together for diner and it turned out to be a delight.
I had a chickpea-rice-avocado-and-other-veggies salad thing. With Italian dressing, mmm.



Looking forward to it:


Then these really annoying girls wanted to Skype with me so I did that. It was kinda fun, I guess.

Yup! So that was my first week at uni.
I don't have classes on Friday so I might shop tomorrow morning!

And it's a four day weekend coz Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day :D

Whatever will I get up to.

Talk to ya later!

Madeleine 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment