Pages

Sunday 4 January 2015

Aloha Hawaii!

Aloha friends, 

I'm in my room at Jay's house in Honolulu where I'll be staying until Friday then I'll be moving into the YMCA where you can do whatever you feeeeel.

The day started off pretty early for everyone and I had a little leaving party at the airport made up of Mum, Dad, Kate, Jack, Tem and his Mum and Dad.
The three kids on the way to the airport:



They look thrilled.

Here I am a couple of days before getting squashed:



Anyway, I caught the flight to Auckland then walked straight to the international terminal along the green line:


That's just an artistic travelling shot.
Then I waited for like, hardly any time at all and got on the flight to Honolulu.
I sat next to the window and at the emergency exit which was good because they said they need strong people at the exits to open the doors. Obviously a wise move to have me there.

I sat next to Lynette who's a cool Hawaiian teacher and she told me about all the super markets and where to buy the most delicious donuts.
Lynette tells it how it is.

I got my veggo food first and the pic looks kinda gross but it was actually really yum. It was a lasagne full of deliciousness:


There were also roast veggies around it but I ate those before I took the picture.
And a raspberry macaroon for pud:


The flight was so smooth and the skies were so clear, it was great. 
Pretty sure this is Samoa:


This probably looks like the same picture but the big long cloud looked really menacing and I thought we were about to fly into The Day After Tomorrow because Lynette kept saying that there were huge storms in Hawaii!


But we flew through it and it was just a little wispy cloud.

I did some colouring on the plane:


And I watched If I Stay, and listened to a lil Bruno while I coloured. I also watched Bear Grylls taking Zac Efron into the wild to survive and be manly and stuff. That was pretty good.

Had dinner which was kinda more of a lunch. It was fruit and club sandwiches:


The sunset was really really pretty but you can't appreciate it as much in this photo because it lit up the clouds all pink and orange too.


Then we landed in Honolulu, I got my bags, went through customs, and headed outside where Carmi (you say it Car-mai) was waiting for me with a sign that said Miss Madeleine Wilson on it.
Then he drove me to Jay's apartment and gave me a lil tour of the uni and some shops on the way.
He was so so nice and Jay is super nice too.
I hope that everyone here is as nice as them and no one is mean to me.


Soooooo yeah. I feel like I wrote a lot about not much..
But I'll write again tomorrow probably about what I get up to on my first proper day in Hawaii!

Bye for now!

Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment