Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Second Proper Day in Hawai'i

Heeeeyy frieeeends.

This morning Jay was playing beautiful Hawaiian melodies that drifted into my room and awoke me from my slumber. 
But I wanted to sleep in so it was kind of annoying.
Still a good way to wake up though.

I took a really long time to get ready, but once I did, I was off to Starbucks for a delicious and nutritious breakfast. 
I got a bagel with cream cheese and jam and a mocha frappucino. All for $6!


I ate it outside which was sooo nice.
But I couldn't get their wifi from outside :(

These are the stairs I walk down from Jay's place:



He has two cats which sit on these stairs and want you to pat them.

From Starbucks, I went over to the bank and set up an account because I'm rolling in it.
It rained money aaall over the bank desk when I gave them my cash.

Then I went to the UHM campus to the health services place and got some nasty tuberculosis stuff injected into my arm:


I have to go back in two days to see if I'm diseased or not.

Checked out campus for a bit, there are solo many plants! It's more plants than uni.
They don't say uni here. Ever. Just college or university.
But yeah, the campus has over 600 different types of plants!
I have a brochure about them all.

On campus, I went to visit the exchange office then I went in search for a T-mobile.
On the way I went to a supermarket for some lunch where there was Werther's Original caramel popcorn and other delicious looking things.


I passed by this cool church that had heaps of palm trees around it:


Found a very busy T-Mobile and so I now have data!! Omg I am so lost without Google Maps. Then caught a bus to the bank and sorted out the rest of my account stuff.

When I got back, Jay needed to go to a few stores to return some stuff (apparently everyone buys like, 2 of everything and just returns them if they don't like it) so he drove us to Ross' Dress for Less. I got some cool shorts and a top, both under $10! They're very colourful and light, so good for the heat.

Then we went to Sam's Club which is like Moore Wilson's but like, FIVE TIMES BIGGER.
It was soooo huge.
They stocked everything.
I only took one sneaky picture there coz I didn't wanna look like a tourist, getting all excited about all the bulk stuff, but here are some big boxes of cereal:


Crazy times in Hawaii.

I'm back in my room now, we were gonna go for a drive up a mountain to get a nice view of the city, but we might do that tomorrow instead. I'm exhausted! Might head off to sleep now.

Until tomorrow probably,

Good night!

Madeleine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment