Pages

Saturday 10 January 2015

Two Days of Beaches

Yooooo!

Long time no post.
Soz about that, I know you were on the edge of your seat, waiting to find out what happens in the next the Madeleine chapter.

So! On Thursday (Hawaiian time) I went down to uni and got my University of Hawaii ID. But I have sunscreen on my face so I look crazy shiny.
ID = free buses though, so I'm happy!

Then I headed down to Waikiki and visited the American Army Museum.
That was pretty cool, it used to be an army battery to protect Pearl Harbour during the war so it was all concrete walls and everything was really enclosed. But it added great effect.
There was heaps of cool displays about Hawaii during the war.

Here are some men hard at work, transporting the.. massive bullet torpedo things. I'm not really sure what they're called.:


A bar for the military guys who were stationed in Honolulu:


Tanks and stuff:


A badass helicopter:


A badass girl:


After all that education, I needed to relax and so I went straight to Waikiki beach. This is me on the way to the beach:


There are quite a few selfies in this post because a fan requested that my beautiful face appear more.
Just giving the fans what they want.

Went for a nice as swim, then sunbathed for a bit. The water was beaut!

Once I was dry, I cruised all the expenny stores at Waikiki and was overwhelmed by all the make up at Sephora. It was amazing.
So amazing that I couldn't decide what to buy so I left with nothing.
Plenty more opportunities!

Passed through a farmer's market and got some fresh pineapple, tried some coconut peanut butter (deeeelicious!) and heaps of different types of macadamias.

Wandering back home, passing over the canal:



Went for a drive up a hill to get a view of Honolulu at night, but the photos don't do the view any justice at all. It was actually an amazing view.




Tried some Hawaiian Animal Cookies and Mochi ice-cream! It's like, balls of ice cream that you have to bite into, where the outside is like, chewy. It was sooooo good.


Then sleep time for my last night at Jay's cool little hide away in the trees.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Woo morning! Waking up early!
Yohan picked me and my suitcases up in a rental car and I checked into the YMCA. Dumped my bags in my room and then left again straight away, northbound.
Yohan, Sam and I drove up to the North Shore (about an hour) where all the gnarly waves are.

But first, they needed to buy surfboards.
So we checked out some surfboard shops and I pretty much just looked at other stuff.


Looking for surfboards is thirsty work! So Sam and I treated ourselves to shave ice. It was huge!! Only $2.50 too.


Mine was piña colada, lemon and strawberry.
Très refreshment.



There were heaps of cute geckos running around:


They finally got surfboards and I got to sit squished up against them
I became very close with the boards.
lol


We found a good beach and Sam and Yohan went out for a surf while I watched all the little dots of surfers bob up and down over waves.


A couple of guys had to get rescued by a jet ski.

Then we drove to a few other beaches as the sun set:




We also went to Pipeline where all the pro surfers go. There are heaps of competitions there too.
The waves were massive!

Then we were ready to head back to Manoa so we set off southbound.

Blurry driving pic of trees and the beach:


Waimea Bay in the evening:

When we got back, I headed to Walmart to get bedding and stuff.

Haven't seen my roommate yet...
Maybe I'll get to have a night with the room to myself?!

Will keep you updated!

See ya later! 

Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment