Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Wilsons are in Hollywood - Day 12

Helloooo!

It's so so hot here in LA, but it's great.
Walking outside at 10pm is like walking into a heated room.

It was warm from the get go this morning, back in San Diego.
I went down to the fitness centre before everyone got up and went for a quick jog on le treadmill. There was this real weird guy in there doing weights and he was breathing real strange.
I was trying not to give funny looks.

Mum, Dad and I went over to the dining area for brekkie.
You could make your own waffles with the waffle batter and waffle irons there.
There were also pancakes, potatoes, eggs, cereals, porridge, fruit, yoghurt, bagels, and toast. I got chocolate milk with my breakfast, of course.

We said goodbye to the hotel and went for a San Diegan cruise.

Along the way, we had a run in with the law:


But that didn't hold the Wilsons back.
Also saw a Navy ship, if you squint your eyes you can probably make it out amongst the bush:


Our first stop was at the Seaport Village which was a cool little collection of shops on the waterfront. 
The heat + the cacti made it feel like a desert.

Look, it's a desert:




 Dad made a ladybug friend:


Beaut water:




Refreshed ourselves with ice cream at Ben & Jerry's:


Then we were on our way to see the sea!
We went to Ocean Beach and the sand was so perfect we just couldn't resist.
So we changed into our togs and frolicked over the hot sand.
At this point, it was well above 30 degrees. But I was wearing my Tiffany bracelet, so I stayed super cool.




A surfer dude going out to catch a wave:



Dad, me and Jack after having a quick dip:


(I only went up to my bum, it was reeeeally cold!)

Then I made my own ladybug friend!


There were shops right by the beach and the street was filled with hippy stores.
One of the streets was called Bacon Street.


There were t-shirt stores, smoothie bars, tattoo stores and weed stores.
I got a delicious pitaya smoothie, never heard of it before, but it sure was yummy! And pink!



Once fuelled for the upcoming journey, we set off to Los Angeles.
The drive was about 2.5 hours.
We made a detour to Walmart and bought some essential lollies, lip balms and make-up as it was so cheap!

When we made it to LA, we saw the Hollywood sign on the hill. It was quite far away so I didn't take a picture, but hopefully I'll get a good one tomorrow!

Our hotel is quite nice, it's in North Hollywood, but there were a few complications because there weren't enough beds.
So Kate and I have now moved into our own room, and we're living it cray cray.

The pool:


We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Warren's Blackboard.
Mum thought our waiter was a guy from Lethal Weapon.


I got the grilled veggie lasagne "à la minute".
It was so so yummy.


I got a strawberry fields cocktail as well which was also mmmmm mmmmm!

Kate got a burger:


Mum got a New York steak:


(my photography was not on form here)

Jack got fries and Dad got crab toast things and salmon.
For dessert, Jack and Mum got ice cream and Dad got a raspberry eton mess.

Outside our hotel:



So now Kate and I are in our room watching Jimmy Kimmel with Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler-Fergusson.

Kate's turning herself into a burrito:



Like I said, having a crazy time.

I think that's all for now. Can't wait to look around LA tomorrow!
Might get my big break in Hollywood.

Later!

Madeleine
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment